Tales from the Car boot...



I love car boot sales. There is so much unwanted crap in the world, and it seems to all appear on Sunday morning around England - being peddled out of the back of someones car.

When I was a kid, I used to go with my Grandma to car boots- and always find some amazing toy treasures. Superhero figures, wrestling merch, Transformers, Starcom - all sorts. It was like a treasure trove of finding things you could not get in shops anymore -long before the days of EBay. People only wanted 20p or something for a bag of riches too.

Now days the car boot is still going, but owing to the rise of things like EBay - amazing finds are becoming rarer and rarer. Now anything valuable is shoved to EBay and the price hiked up, and everything else no one wants gets dumped at the car boot.

That's not to say you cant still find some awesome bits, but its a lot harder and you really have to be at the front of the queue come opening time.

I see lots of people who go down with massive bags, so I can only assume that at least some people are finding lots of use for old radio controlled cars, old computer parts, and Notts County football programmes from the mid 90's.

The summer is true car boot season, and crazily I have not yet been to one this year - well till this morning.

To see my spoils, hit the button below


Click here to see full review »