DC Collectibles Arkham City Nightwing



A little background. I have been a Batman fan since I was very little, since the early 80's when I was given Batman annuals and comics and it grew from there.
To this day I still buy Batman comics and, even with the launch of the New 52,  they still evoke the same feelings and remind me of my childhood.

I have also always been a fan of the Robin character. Specifically the Tim Drake version of the character, as I love the updated late 80's/90's Robin costume and he was my favourite version of Robin.
Dick Grayson though, really became one of my favourite characters as Nightwing. I liked the early, frilly costume with crazy neck - but when they updated it, it nailed it.

Black outfit, with blue stripes running down the sleeves, and round the chest - its a great, simple costume (of which I have never found a tshirt that resembles it). The Dick Grayson character works so much better as Nightwing as well. Hes a very dynamic character, being a gymnast so he is involved in some great action scenes.

So I have always wanted a decent Nightwing figure. I had the Legends of Batman 90's Kenner figure, but it wasn't in this costume. Then in the early 2000's DC Direct did a line based on Jim Lee's designs from Hush, and I somehow missed the Nightwing figure from that line. I routinely looked for it on EBay, but couldn't justify the high prices. The DC Classics came and somehow passed me by, so I missed that version of Nightwing too and again, its far too expensive for me on the secondary market.

So, that long story leads to me here really. DC Collectibles released a version based on Nightwing's appearance in the Arkham City game, and I finally took my chance to grab it.

Is it a good figure? Short answer - not really. For the longer answer - read on!


Click here to see full review »