Past Plastic - Kenner Jurassic Park

kenners jurassic park toys
Kenners Jurassic Park Toys

What better way to start an irregular series of articles than with one of the biggest, most enduring movies of all time about Dinosaurs eating people in a theme park. Yes, that's right pop the corks on your champagne bottles - I am starting a new feature, and kicking it off with Kenners Jurassic Park toy line.

Past Plastic will be an opportunity to take a look back at some vintage and revel in their nostalgia. Franchises such as Starcom, Transformers, M.A.S.K, Masters of the Universe, Thunderbirds Visionaries, TMNT, Batman:The Animated series and many others will make hopefully have their day.

I was obsessed with Jurassic Park. I was there opening night in a Jurassic Park T shirt and Baseball Cap and convinced my family to buy me as much merch as possible. Even stationary, because it had the logo bestowed upon it- so of course I needed it. So when Jurassic World came out, I was excited about all of the new merchandise that I would be able to buy. Even thought the movie is great, Hasbro sadly flopped at producing a decent toy line, I mean they gave us Velociraptor toys without their trademark claws.

So it inspired me to go back and take a look at some of the toys that were released by Kenner as part of the toy line that accompanied the original movie, and that kids around the world desperately emptied their parents wallets to snap up.

Hit the button below to read the article

Click here to see full review »